Course: Understanding Wine
Also called primary fermentation, this is the process by which yeasts convert grape sugars into alcohol to produce wine. Fermentation usually takes two days to two weeks.
Yeasts that naturally occur in vineyards and wineries are sometimes relied upon on to ferment the wine, because they can impart exotic nuances.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.