Course: Understanding Wine
Class 6: Traveling the Old World
see: clarity, color, intensity, legs
- Examine the wines for clarity and note your tasting worksheet.
- Rioja is typically ruby red to garnet/brick; Chianti is normally ruby red.
- Examine the wines for color and note your worksheet.
- Examine the intensity of the wines and mark your worksheet.
- Both the Rioja Reserva's and the Chianti Classico's intensity are normally medium.
- If your Rioja is older than your Chianti, it may be paler.
- Swirl each wine, examine its legs and mark your worksheet.
Ready to enroll? First, you must register for a membership to WineSpectator.com. Your membership benefits include:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
Log In If You're Already a WineSpectator.com Member
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.