Class 6: Traveling the Old World
see: clarity, color, intensity, legs
- Examine the wines for clarity and note your tasting worksheet.
- Rioja is typically ruby red to garnet/brick; Chianti is normally ruby red.
- Examine the wines for color and note your worksheet.
- Examine the intensity of the wines and mark your worksheet.
- Both the Rioja Reserva's and the Chianti Classico's intensity are normally medium.
- If your Rioja is older than your Chianti, it may be paler.
- Swirl each wine, examine its legs and mark your worksheet.
Ready to enroll?
First, you must register for a membership to WineSpectator.com. Your membership benefits include:
- FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
- Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
- FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
- E-newsletters with advance ratings
- Editors’ blogs
- Food and wine matching tool
- And much more
Log In If You're Already a WineSpectator.com Member
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.