Course: Understanding Wine
Their wines show the cherry and currant flavors of Cabernet, along with spice and cedar notes. Some also display firm tannins that smooth out with time.
These reds tend to have smoother tannins and be drinkable earlier than those based on Cabernet Sauvignon, but the finest can be just as long-lived.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.