Course: Understanding Wine
fun reds from france
ORIGINS OF GRENACHE
Grenache is grown throughout southern France and thrives in the Southern Rhone's warm, dry climate and rocky soils.
The variety is a major component in Southern Rhone wines, which are blends named after their growing regions.
In the Southern Rhone town of Tavel, Grenache makes refreshing rose wine.
And Grenache is the most widely planted red grape in Spain, where...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.