Course: Understanding Wine
round, lush whites from france
The variety's thin skin also makes it susceptible to botrytis cinerea, a beneficial fungus that dries out the grapes, intensely concentrating their flavors -- perfect for making sweet wines.
The flavors associated with Semillon are lemon, hay and sometimes...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.