Course: Understanding Wine
round, lush whites from france
The variety's thin skin also makes it susceptible to botrytis cinerea, a beneficial fungus that dries out the grapes, intensely concentrating their flavors -- perfect for making sweet wines.
The flavors associated with Semillon are lemon, hay and sometimes...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? WineSpectator.com seeks a highly motivated digital journalist for an assistant editor position in its New York editorial department.