: Acidity, Body
Body is the sensation within the mouth of weight and thickness.
Body is easily understood by relating it to milk: If you think of skim milk as "light-bodied," then by comparison, whole milk is "medium-bodied" and cream is "full-bodied."
TASTING FOR BODY
- Sip and swish the Pinot Grigio, feeling its weight and thickness as you move the wine around in your mouth.
- Keeping the milk analogy in mind, how would you describe its body?
Is it light? Medium? Full?
- Spit the wine and note its body on your tasting journal.
- Sip and swish the Chardonnay, noting its weight and thickness.
- Is it light-bodied? Medium? Full?
- Spit the wine and mark your journal.
- Which of the two wines has the fuller body?
(Pinot Grigio is normally lighter...