Course: Understanding Wine
SIP: Acidity, Body, Flavor
Body is the sensation within the mouth of weight and thickness.
Body is easily understood by relating it to milk: If you think of skim milk as "light-bodied," then by comparison, whole milk is "medium-bodied" and cream is "full-bodied."
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.