At its most basic level, the system assures authenticity: The grapes were grown in the geographic region stated on the bottle's label.
In fact, AC regulations go beyond vineyard location; they encompass many aspects of grapegrowing and wine production, including:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.