At its most basic level, the system assures authenticity: The grapes were grown in the geographic region stated on the bottle's label.
In fact, AC regulations go beyond vineyard location; they encompass many aspects of grapegrowing and wine production, including:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.