THE SOUTHERN LEFT BANK
Class 1 covered the northern section of the Left Bank or the Médoc.
This module highlights the Left Bank's southern section or Graves and its subappellation, Pessac-Léognan.
GRAVES AND PESSAC-LÉOGNAN
The Pessac-Léognan subappellation within Graves was created in 1987. Comprised of 10 communes, including Pessac and Léognan, it is the source of many of the best wines from Graves.
Graves itself includes a total of 43 communes; the better-known are Talence, Martillas, Podensac and Portets.
Continue driving south through...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? WineSpectator.com seeks a highly motivated digital journalist for an assistant editor position in its New York editorial department.