The more you know about each element, the more you'll know what to expect from the wine, and the better you'll understand it. Happily, these are also the three most prominent elements of any Bordeaux label.
Terroir is Important...
For example, Pomerol's clay soil makes opulent wines that mature relatively early, while wines from the gravelly soils of Pauillac have firmer tannins and take longer to...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? WineSpectator.com seeks a highly motivated digital journalist for an assistant editor position in its New York editorial department.