Course: Understanding Wine
tasting: different styles of chardonnay
If you would like to print out this Class tasting, click here.
Before you start the tasting:
1. Fill in the top portion of the Tasting Journal.
2. Pull the corks from your two bottles of wine. Pour each wine into a separate glass, filling each glass about 1/3 full.
3. To remember which glass is which, you might want to place the two glasses side-by-side, keeping the unoaked Chardonnay on the left and the oaked Chardonnay on the right. In each section of the tasting, we’ll evaluate the unoaked wine first and the oaked wine second.
4. Fill in all the sections of your Tasting Journal as you work through the tasting.
TASTING TWO CHARDONNAYS
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? WineSpectator.com seeks a highly motivated digital journalist for an assistant editor position in its New York editorial department.