Course: Understanding Wine
TASTING: Pinot Noir and Merlot
If you would like to print out this Class tasting, click here.
1. Fill in the top portion of the Tasting Journal. This information helps you remember the wines and also provides clues to how the wine will taste:
Producer: the name of the winery or chateau
Growing Area: the region where the grapes were grown; probably Oregon and Washington for these two wines
Vintage: the year the grapes were harvested
Alcohol: the alcohol content is given as a percentage
Price: the cost of the bottle or glass in a store or restaurant
2. Pull the corks from your two bottles, a Pinot Noir from Oregon or California and a...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.