Course: Understanding Wine
wine and age
The reality is that only a tiny fraction of the world's wines are actually better after 5 years in the cellar. Even fewer can improve for 10 or 20 years.
Most wines --both red and white-- do not have the stuffing it takes to live long lives. They are best consumed in their youth, when they are fresh and fruity. These wines can offer value, quality and...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.