Course: Wine and Food Pairing
You'll find that the Study Guide PDF (located in the Intro to this course) offers a fairly thorough review of this course.
Instead of repeating that information, here are a number of recommended matches that tie together a number of the pairing suggestions in this course.
Lighter, Crisper Whites * Delicate Dishes
Lighter white wines are great accompaniments to the lighter dishes that are typically served for lunch, hors d'oeuvres and appetizers.
Versatility is another strong point. Lighter whites can be drunk on their own as apéritifs, but also make good lead-ins to more serious wines, whether richer whites or reds. If you keep only one bottle of wine in the fridge, choose...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.