Course: Sensory Evaluation
WHAT'S TO SENSE IN WINE
Wine has numerous features that can be evaluated. They can be grouped in a number of ways.
One common way to group features is by the sense used to perceive them:
This method of grouping wine features leaves out a few important aspects. A more technical way to consider wine features is by separating them into
Specific Features such as color, aroma and taste
Configural Properties such as balance, structure and finish. These properties are determined by the interactions between a number of wine components including acidity, fruit and tannins.
Class 2 offers in-depth explanations of your senses and...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.