Course: Sensory Evaluation
WINE QUALITY PARAMETERS
The final step in the tasting process is evaluation.
For the casual consumer, the summary can be as simple as "yum" or "yuck."
Aroma, Flavor, Taste and Mouthfeel
Ability to Mature
AROMA, FLAVOR, TASTE AND MOUTHFEEL
We've already covered these features extensively. In summation, they should be pleasant and harmonious.
A wine is balanced when the fruit and all the structural components--sugars, alcohol, acidity and tannins--are in harmony. They are integrated and...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.