Course: Sensory Evaluation
TASTE AND TOUCH
As soon as you take a sip of wine, your senses of smell, taste and touch all spring into action. You begin evaluating the wine's flavors, taste and mouthfeel as well as its structure, balance and finish.
This module focuses on gustation (your sense of taste) and the trigeminal system (which includes the sense of touch in your mouth). It covers
How Gustation Works
Your Trigeminal System
Tastes in Wine -- and their Mouthfeels
Detecting Components and Cues
To get a better understanding of these senses, we'll deconstruct the tasting process and put these senses in the spotlight.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.