Course: Sensory Evaluation
INTRODUCTION: CLASS 2
There are a number of approaches to tasting wine.
One approach is the path of simple enjoyment. This involves sharing a conversation and maybe a good meal along with your Riesling or Syrah or whatever interesting juice winds up in your glass.
This is romance. This is poetry. This is hedonic. And, hopefully, all approaches begin and end with the path of simple enjoyment.
But, between this beginning and this ending, lies the path of the wine connoisseur. This involves examining a wine's individual components and combined features. It can also involve relating your findings back to influences in the vineyard and in the winery.
This is intellectually stimulating. This is science. This...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.