Course: Sensory Evaluation
Being one of Wine Spectator's expert tasters sounds glamorous and fun. After all, the Senior Editors get to taste amazing wines and travel to beautiful wine regions and all they need to do is to write a few tasting notes and an occasional article for the magazine. (You should have heard Bruce Sanderson laughing at this description.)
In reality, it's not that straightforward.
For each outstanding wine, they taste dozens of quaffing wines. And before they show up for a tasting, a lot of background work needs to be completed.Tasting actually includes these four activities:
What do you think is involved in each of these activities?
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.