Course: Australia & New Zealand
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND: CLASS 2 TASTING
Aussie Reds: Shiraz and its Blends
Taste a range of red wines from Australia. Compare Shiraz from two different growing regions and a pair of important Shiraz blends. Pay special attention to the differences in flavor and structure and also pair the wines with regional foods.
Two wines should be Shiraz; one from McLaren Vale and the other from Coonawarra. The other two wines should be red blends from South Australia; one based mainly on Cabernet Sauvignon-Shiraz and the other on a Shiraz-Grenache-Mourvedre blend.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.