Course: Australia & New Zealand
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND: CLASS 2 TASTING
Aussie Reds: Shiraz and its Blends
Taste a range of red wines from Australia. Compare Shiraz from two different growing regions and a pair of important Shiraz blends. Pay special attention to the differences in flavor and structure and also pair the wines with regional foods.
Two wines should be Shiraz; one from McLaren Vale and the other from Coonawarra. The other two wines should be red blends from South Australia; one based mainly on Cabernet Sauvignon-Shiraz and the other on a Shiraz-Grenache-Mourvedre blend.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.