Course: Australia & New Zealand
Red varieties make up about 60% of Australia's total grape acreage. The other important reds are Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Grenache and Mourvedre.
The top white wines are made with Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
Finally, Australia also produces significant amounts of fortified and sparkling wines.
This module describes these grapes and wines they make.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.