TUSCANY CLASS 3 TASTING
Super Tuscan Comparison
GOALS AND MATERIALS
Compare and contrast three Super Tuscans; one Sangiovese, one Bordeaux blend and one Syrah blend. Pay special attention to fruit flavors, tannin levels, leanness or elegance and texture.
The Three Wines
Purchase three Super Tuscans.
- One wine should be made from Sangiovese.
- One wine should be a Bordeaux blend, made from some combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
- One wine should be made from Syrah, which might be blended with Sangiovese.
- The wines will be fairly pricey, retailing for around $50-75 each.
- If possible, the wines should be approximately the same age, or within a couple vintages of each other.
Make sure to write down the name of each wine...