The picture-perfect landscape of golden, rolling hills, winding country roads lined with cypress trees and lush, green vineyards draws wine lovers from around the world.
Combine this with hearty food, friendly people and a rich cultural legacy of Renaissance art, Classical architecture and ancient history, and it's no wonder that Tuscany is a popular tourist destination -- and one of the hottest wine categories.
The evolution in high-end winemaking in Tuscany is impressive. New vineyards, new wineries and new wines are created each year. There's a type or style of wine at just about every quality and price level.
And if a bottle of Tuscan wine doesn't...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.