Course: California Cabernet
Inland and Warmer
Cabernet is one of its leading wines, and Alexander Valley is home to many wineries that produce notable Cabs.
Among the better known are Simi, with its rich and polished Alexander Valley Reserve; Jordan, which has produced supple Cabs since 1976; Clos du Bois, one of the county's larger high-quality wineries; Chateau Souverain, which is owned by Beringer Blass and shares its parent company's preference for plush, layered Cabs; and Geyser Peak, with its ripe and intense Cabernets.
Curiously, Silver Oak, based in Napa Valley, helped build this appellation's Cabernet credentials as...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.