Course: California Cabernet
But Sonoma County's more relaxed pace doesn't mean the wines can't be world class.
Winemakers say it won't be long before Sonoma begins to produce more Cabernets that will rival Napa Valley's elite, citing Peter Michael Winery's Les Pavots Knights Valley as one shining example.
As the costs of owning and farming a small vineyard soar, the only option is the pursuit...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.