Course: California Cabernet
NAPA VALLEY'S MOUNTAIN AVAs
Since they run parallel to the coastline, the Mayacamas' steep upper slopes catch much of the rain blowing off the ocean. Thanks to the precipitation, the mountains are heavily forested, lush and green.
On summer afternoons, when superheated air starts rising above the Central Valley, chilly ocean breezes make their way through the lower gaps to moderate the temperatures...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.