Course: California Cabernet
ALONG THE VALLEY FLOOR
There are four well-established, high-profile valley floor appellations. They are Napa Valley's most famous districts: Oakville, Rutherford, Stags Leap District and Calistoga (Note that Calistoga is not yet an official AVA).
Important new-comers include St. Helena, which gained AVA status in 1995, and Yountville in 1999.
These appellations are widely planted to Cabernet, and as a whole, the wineries in these appellations produce the largest volume of wine.
We'll drive up the center of the valley on the main road, Highway 29...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.