Course: California Cabernet
ALONG THE VALLEY FLOOR
There are four well-established, high-profile valley floor appellations. They are Napa Valley's most famous districts: Oakville, Rutherford, Stags Leap District and Calistoga (Note that Calistoga is not yet an official AVA).
Important new-comers include St. Helena, which gained AVA status in 1995, and Yountville in 1999.
These appellations are widely planted to Cabernet, and as a whole, the wineries in these appellations produce the largest volume of wine.
We'll drive up the center of the valley on the main road, Highway 29...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.