Course: California Cabernet
HISTORY OF WINEMAKING IN CALIFORNIA
Southern California was the leading winegrowing region at this time, but over the next few decades vineyards were planted in Napa, Sonoma and other northern areas.
With the Gold Rush of 1849, the local population and the demand for wine surged; California wineries were in their heyday.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.