Most wine sales are based on staff recommendations. This module shows you how to:
NARROWING DOWN THE CHOICES
- Narrow down the choices
- Take advantage of resources that will help you describe wines
- Implement strategies used by professionals to recommend wines
When your customer asks for wine recommendations, start by narrowing down the choices. The answers to these questions will put you on the right track.
- "Are you in the mood for red, white or blush?"
- "What type of wine do you ordinarily drink?"
- "Do you prefer a wine that's refreshing and lean or rich and fruity?"
- "Do you prefer a hint of sweetness or a completely dry style?"
- "Do you like the smoky, toasty, spicy flavors of oak or do you...