Course: ABCs of Wine Sales and Service
assume the wine sale
Before the first customer even walks into your restaurant or retail store, you can prepare to initiate the wine message if you assume the wine sale.
GREET YOUR CUSTOMER
Once your customer arrives, a warm and informative greeting helps you make a good impression. In a restaurant, greet the table with the menu and the wine list. In a retail store, introduce yourself and offer to help the customer find a bottle.
BRING WINE TO LIFE
Customers often ask, "What's good?" or "What do you recommend?"
They are really asking you to describe some dishes, narrow down their choices, and...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.