Course: ABCs of Wine Sales and Service
the three wines
Pinot Noir from Oregon or California
Shiraz from Australia
Cabernet Sauvignon from California or Chile
Pinot Noir, originally from Burgundy, comes in the traditional Burgundy bottle with sloping shoulders.
Shiraz, originally from the Rhone, which is just south of Burgundy, comes in the traditional Burgundy bottle with sloping shoulders.
Cabernet Sauvignon, originally from Bordeaux, comes in the traditional Bordeaux bottle with high shoulders.
The goals of this tasting are to:
You should have three glasses per person. Put the glasses on your tasting mat and fill each glass...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.