Course: ABCs of Wine Sales and Service
setting the table
Stemware should be clean, odor-free and free of soap residue. A trace of soap can make a good wine taste terrible.
The glass itself should be clear and colorless so you can evaluate the wine's color.
For still wines, the stemware should be tulip-shaped, with a bowl that's wider than the rim. A narrower rim concentrates the aromas in the glass so you can smell them more...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.