tasting: wine & food
If you would like to print out this Class tasting, click here.
The time has come to evaluate wines on your own. Recall the questions posed in the previous tastings as you fill in all the sections of your Tasting Journal.
Following the tasting order rule of thumb, lightest to heaviest, evaluate the Riesling before the Zinfandel.
Once you have finished evaluating the wines, use the Pairing Worksheet included with the Class 10 printed materials to lead you through the food and wine pairing questions presented in this final tasting.
When comparing wines, you already know that the balance of components -- acidity, fruit, alcohol and tannins -- plays a...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.