in the kitchen: wine & food pairing
Life -- and pairing wine with food -- should be simple and uncomplicated. This module presents a solid foundation for making satisfying combinations based on compatible weights of wine and food.
On the other hand, there are times when life's complexities can be intriguing. This module also explains some of the intricacies of pairing that can lead to those exhilarating moments when the interlocking flavors and textures make the wine, food and the company unforgettable.
The best-known wine pairing rule is "white wine with fish, red wine with meat." Although rules are often made to be broken, the underlying principle is key to successful food and wine pairings:
"Match the weight of the wine with the...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.