As winemakers have known since 3000 B.C., making wine is a straightforward process, requiring ripe grapes and a watertight container. Since then, winemakers have learned that yeasts ferment the grapes' natural sugars into alcohol, and today the basic winemaking equation remains:
Grapes + Yeast + Container = Wine
When bins loaded with grapes come in from...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.