Wine and wine tourism drive the economy in the valley, which is located an hour’s drive north-northeast of San Francisco.
Perfect for growing high-quality grapes, the climate is influenced by Napa Valley’s shape and location.
A Perfect Funnel
About 35 miles long and one to five miles wide, the tall, narrow valley is wedged between two mountain ranges.
The lush, green Mayacamas, which catch the coastal rainfall, form the western border. The Vaca Mountains rise arid and...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.