Course: ABCs of Wine Tasting
tasting a trio of whites
Riesling from Alsace in France or from New Zealand, Austria, or a dry style from Germany
Sauvignon Blanc made with minimal or no oak from California, New Zealand, Sancerre or Pouilly Fumé.
Chardonnay from California or Australia, with evident oak
Sauvignon Blanc, originally from Bordeaux, comes in the traditional Bordeaux bottle with high shoulders.
Chardonnay, originally from Burgundy, comes in the traditional Burgundy bottle with sloping shoulders.
The goals of this tasting are to:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.