Course: Understanding Wine
Wine has been the primary focus of this course. Since introducing the basics of sensory evaluation in Class 1, we have examined wine from many different perspectives. We looked at grape varieties and their characteristics. We explored the world's major growing regions and met some great winemakers. And the preceding class demonstrated how grapegrowing and winemaking influence wine's character and quality.
But when all is said and done, wine is a social beverage, at its best around a table with friends and family. Sometimes it may be the focus of conversation; other times, it simply enhances the meal. Either way, wine should add only pleasure to your life.
Sometimes the pleasure can be diminished...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.