Course: Understanding Wine
review for class 9
The milestones in the vine's year are:
Some of the main decisions made by the winegrower are:
The main steps in the winemaking process are:
The main steps of méthode champenoise, or méthode traditionnelle, are:
Focus on tastings that illustrate the influence of winemaking on the flavors, body and character of wines. These flights consider the effects of winemaking factors such as harvest timing, blending and aging.
To get the most out of these examples, the wines should be approximately the same age (except for wines in...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.