Course: Understanding Wine
As winemakers have known since 3000 B.C., making wine is a straightforward process, requiring ripe grapes and a watertight container. Since then, winemakers have learned that yeasts ferment the grapes' natural sugars into alcohol, and today the basic winemaking equation remains:
Grapes + Yeast + Container = Wine
When bins loaded with grapes come in from...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.