THE NEW WORLD
As Europeans immigrated to the New World, they brought their wine culture with them. Today, grapegrowing and winemaking are well established in North and South America, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
California is the focus of this class. As France provided the model for the Old World, California is our model for the New World. The rest of the New World is covered in the next class.
MODULES for CLASS 7
- California Overview (~ 4 pages / 12 minutes)
- California's Major Varieties (~ 2 pages / 7 minutes)
- Napa Valley (~ 2 pages / 5 minutes)
- Sonoma County, Carneros and Mendocino
(~ 3 pages / 7 minutes)
- Central Coast and Sierra Foothills
(~ 2 pages / 5 minutes)
- Tasting Old World/New World: Sancerre and Sauvignon Blanc from...