Course: Understanding Wine
Although France has provided a model for wine, significant quantities of wine are produced throughout Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Greece and even Russia; many have long-established traditions of winemaking.
Most notable among the Old World countries, Italy, Germany and Spain produce some of the world's most exciting wines. Each of these countries makes wines from its own unique spectrum of grape varieties in accordance with local traditions. And, in their own way, each of these countries has served as a model for a growing number of winemakers in the New World.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.