Course: Understanding Wine
Sauvignon Blanc does well in a variety of climates, preferring warmer weather than Chardonnay. It is tricky to grow, however.
Sauvignon Blanc is generally lighter - bodied than Chardonnay and is characterized by distinct herb, citrus, fig and sweet pea aromas and flavors.
The climate helps shape the wine style:
Making the wine with oak barrels makes it richer and more full-bodied.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.