“When the announcement came that we received the Grand Award, we were closed for the summer months as we do every year. Upon our reopening, we saw a significant increase in business from years past in a short amount of time. We also noticed a distinctive number of guests specifically interested in our wine program. The visibility promoted by receiving the award is extraordinary.”
“The Palm Restaurants are proud to be granted the Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator. The screening process is a solid barometer for making sure that our wine list is built of a ‘well-chosen selection of quality producers’, that fully complements our food, atmosphere and service standards.
“We have seen a very large increase in wine sales since receiving the award. It’s really exciting to see people from all corners of the world discovering the restaurant as a result of the award.”
“Since winning the Grand Award we have gained exposure to major markets in the U.S. which resulted with an influx of guests who share our passion of wine, making our daily work lives even more rewarding. Our staff interest in wine and spirits keeps on surging along with their knowledge, allowing us to deliver better and better service to our guests.”
2016 Online Application for New Entries
The 2016 Application Window Is Now Closed.
What to know before you apply:
Make sure your wine list meets these basic requirements:
- The list must provide vintages, appellations and prices for all selections—including wines by the glass. Please note that spelling and overall presentation and appearance of the list is taken into consideration. We require at least 90 wine selections in order to be considered for an award.
- The submitted wines list must be an exact copy of what is currently in use in your restaurant. Lists entered reflect what your customers will see and have access to.
- The restaurant must be open to the public as of the program’s deadline of Feb. 1. Entries from private clubs are not eligible.
- For more information, please refer to About the Award Levels and our FAQs.
After you have completed your new-entry application form, you will be asked to print it and mail it in (faxed and e-mailed entries will not be accepted) with the following items:
- Applications submitted Dec. 1, 2015 through Dec. 31, 2015 will benefit from an early bird entry fee of $325. For applications received Jan. 1, 2016 through Feb. 1, 2016, the entry fee will be $375.
- You will be able to pay online by credit card, or you can submit a check with your application made payable to M. Shanken Communications.
- Your current wine list
- Your current dinner menu
- A one-page cover letter on your restaurant letterhead describing your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.
For questions, concerns or comments, please email us at email@example.com.