This is for restaurants that did not earn an award in 2015. (Renewal applicants will be contacted via e-mail on Dec. 1, 2015.)
The Application Window Will Open Dec. 1, 2015
What to know before you apply:
Make sure your wine list meets these basic requirements:
- The list must provide vintages, appellations and prices for all selections—including wines by the glass. Please note that spelling and overall presentation and appearance of the list is taken into consideration. We require at least 90 wine selections in order to be considered for an award.
- The submitted wines list must be an exact copy of what is currently in use in your restaurant. Lists entered reflect what your customers will see and have access to.
- The restaurant must be open to the public as of the program’s deadline of Feb. 1. Entries from private clubs are not eligible.
- For more information, please refer to About the Award Levels and our FAQs.
After you have completed your new-entry application form, you will be asked to print it and mail it in (faxed and e-mailed entries will not be accepted) with the following items:
- Applications submitted Dec. 1, 2015 through Dec. 31, 2015 will benefit from an early bird entry fee of $325. For applications received Jan. 1, 2016 through Feb. 1, 2016, the entry fee will be $375.
- You will be able to pay online by credit card, or you can submit a check with your application made payable to M. Shanken Communications.
- Your current wine list
- Your current dinner menu
- A one-page cover letter on your restaurant letterhead describing your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.
For questions, concerns or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards is now on Twitter and Instagram. Follow along for the latest news and updates.