restaurant wine list awards
2014 Online Application for New Entries
This is for restaurants that did not earn an award in 2013. (Renewal applicants will be contacted via e-mail on Jan. 8.)
Deadline: All entries must be postmarked by Feb. 1, 2014. The online application form is now closed.
What to know before you apply:
Make sure your wine list meets these basic requirements:
- The list must provide vintages, appellations and prices for all selections—including wines by the glass. Please note that spelling and overall presentation and appearance of the list is taken into consideration.
- The submitted wines list must be an exact copy of what is currently in use in your restaurant. Lists entered reflect what your customers will see and have access to.
- The restaurant must be open to the public as of the program’s deadline of Feb. 1. Entries from private clubs are not eligible.
- For more information, please refer to our FAQs.
After you have completed your new-entry application form, you will be asked to print it and mail it in (faxed and e-mailed entries will not be accepted) with the following items:
- A check for $250, made payable to M. Shanken Communications, Inc. (unless you already paid through WePay)
- Your current wine list
- Your current dinner menu
- A one-page cover letter on your restaurant letterhead describing your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.
For questions, concerns or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.