“When the announcement came that we received the Grand Award, we were closed for the summer months as we do every year. Upon our reopening, we saw a significant increase in business from years past in a short amount of time. We also noticed a distinctive number of guests specifically interested in our wine program. The visibility promoted by receiving the award is extraordinary.”
“The Palm Restaurants are proud to be granted the Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator. The screening process is a solid barometer for making sure that our wine list is built of a ‘well-chosen selection of quality producers’, that fully complements our food, atmosphere and service standards.
“We have seen a very large increase in wine sales since receiving the award. It’s really exciting to see people from all corners of the world discovering the restaurant as a result of the award.”
“Since winning the Grand Award we have gained exposure to major markets in the U.S. which resulted with an influx of guests who share our passion of wine, making our daily work lives even more rewarding. Our staff interest in wine and spirits keeps on surging along with their knowledge, allowing us to deliver better and better service to our guests.”
2017 Online Application for New Entries
The 2017 application window is now open! This is for restaurants that did not earn an award in 2016. (Renewal applicants will be contacted via e-mail on Dec. 1, 2016.)
This form is not compatible with every version of Internet Explorer. If you have difficulties with it, please use either Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser.
Entries will be accepted until Feb. 1, 2017. All entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017.
What to know before you apply:
Make sure your wine list meets these basic requirements:
- The list must provide vintages, appellations and prices for all selections—including wines by the glass. Please note that spelling and overall presentation and appearance of the list is taken into consideration. We require at least 90 wine selections in order to be considered for an award.
- The submitted wines list must be an exact copy of what is currently in use in your restaurant. Lists entered reflect what your customers will see and have access to.
- The restaurant must be open to the public as of the program’s deadline of Feb. 1. Entries from private clubs are not eligible.
- For more information, please refer to About the Award Levels and our FAQs.
After you have completed your new-entry application form, you will be asked to print it and mail it in (faxed and e-mailed entries will not be accepted) with the following items:
- Applications submitted Dec. 1, 2016 through Dec. 31, 2016 (11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time) will benefit from an early bird entry fee of $325. For applications received Jan. 1, 2017 through Feb. 1, 2017, the entry fee will be $375.
- You will be able to pay online by credit card, or you can submit a check with your application made payable to M. Shanken Communications.
- Your current wine list
- Your current dinner menu
- A one-page cover letter on your restaurant letterhead describing your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.
New for the 2017 Restaurant Awards Application: You now have the option to upload a head shot of the restaurant’s wine director or sommelier as well as three images of the restaurant during this stage of the application process. Please have your digital photo(s) ready before you start the online portion of the renewal application. The photos are not a requirement, but may be used to enhance your listing in the magazine, Restaurant Awards website and Restaurant Awards iOS app.
For more details about where Restaurant Award winners are featured in Wine Spectator products, visit our FAQ page.
For questions, concerns or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.